Thursday, March 3, 2011

Recipe Share!

I have always enjoyed trying new foods, and I especially love it when I find something that is quick and easy to fix. I tried this recipe a couple of weeks ago, and it was a hit, so I thought I would share!


Black Bean & Pepperjack Burritos (Prep & Cook Time= About 15 minutes)

4 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 14-oz. can black beans rinsed & drained
1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
6 oz. low-fat shredded pepperJack cheese
Salt to taste

* Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat until warm and soft-about 10 minutes; keep wrapped until ready to use

* Warm vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes; stir in beans, corn, and tomatoes; cook until heated through and season with salt

*Spoon 1/4 of filling into the center of each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese; fold and roll up to enclose; cut diagonally to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment