Monday, March 28, 2011

Miscellany Monday & Guilt


* I spent Friday and the remainder of the weekend at home with a sick little boy, administiering liquids to him, cuddling him, singing to him, comforting him, and just being there for him. That alone was enough to make my Monday manic. I really hated to leave him this morning. GUILT...All you mom's out there can relate!
* Thank goodness I had morning planning. I normally loathe a morning planning time because I much prefer it in the afternoon (another post entirely), but today it was a good thing because it allowed me to catch up somewhat from being out Friday.
* Ungrateful individuals (no names mentioned here, as you notice- and I'm NOT talking about Brent)
* Meetings, Meetings, Meetings
* Chandler is still not on the mend like I was hoping he would be. My mom said he was very clingy and had low energy all day. He ate okay, and he played a little bit, but not like a 13 month old should. By 8:00 p.m., the poor little guy had thrown up again. This has been happening off and on for almost a week now. No, he doesn't have a "significant" fever (because someone decided that a fever must be at least 101 to be significant, although I feel pretty "ughhh" myself if my temperature goes over 99). No, he doesn't have any rashes or bumps on his body. No, he hasn't been diagnosed with having reflux. No, he hasn't been diagnosed with having a urinary tract infection. Yes, he's still having wet diapers, although they are not as saturated as they usually are. Yes, he is still interested in food and is eating fairly well despite how poor he feels. Yes, he still crawls, walks, and plays some. Yes, his sleeping patterns are the same. No, he doesn't have severe diaper rash. No, he's not having trouble breathing. BUT...something's not right! He's going to the doctor tomorrow. NO MORE PHONE CONVERSATIONS! All the nurses have been super nice, but it's time to find out what's going on.
* I'm tired, I'm worried, and I feel GUILTY for not taking him to the doctor before now, but all the nurses seemed to think he would get over it soon and that it's just a virus. If it were me, I think I could handle it, but when it's my baby, everything changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment