Sunday, March 31, 2013

Distracted

Some of you undoubtedly saw my post on Facebook about not being able to find brown dress shoes to go with Chandler's nice new Easter outfit. Who would have thought it would be such a difficult task? I mean, every store we went in had dozens of dress shoes for little girls and barely anything for little boys other than tennis shoes.

About halfway through the hunt (that went on for several days and took us to about a dozen stores), 
I just lost it. I wasn't happy at all, and I had a very poor attitude.
I finally just decided that Chandler would wear casual shoes with his nice new Sunday suit 
on Easter Sunday morning.
I was angry!

My poor husband felt so bad that he treked out on his on Saturday afternoon and FINALLY found
some brown dress shoes at a store we had not thought about in Gainesville.
How sweet was it that he did this for me?
I felt very guilty about how I had acted. 

Then, I realized something...

I was making a big deal out of something that really wasn't a big deal.

I was depriving myself and my family out of the joy of Easter and what it really means.
Easter is NOT about the perfect shoes and the perfect outfit.
It's not about the candy and egg hunts.
It's not even about the family gatherings, even though they are nice,
and it's definitely not about the Easter Bunny.
It's about Jesus, my Risen Savior.

I had allowed Satan to distract me from this
with such a silly thing as a brown pair of dress shoes 
to match my son's Easter outfit.

But, you know what the best part of the story is?
My Savior also forgives, 
and for that, I am forever grateful. 

Here's my handsome little man on Easter morning! 



 

1 comment:

  1. He looked so handsome
    I had trouble finding my LIl Man shoes too that would match his suit. I finally gave up and he wore his Cars Tennis Shoes to Church this morning.

    ReplyDelete