Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hurt

Has anyone ever said or did something that hurt your feelings? 
Have you ever had a broken heart? 
Chances are, if you are a normal human being, the answer to this question is

Yes.

When I get my feelings hurt, I often have a little pity party and I get a little mopey, 
but I'm sure I'm the only one that does that,

Right? 

However, when I think back on some of the times that my feelings have been hurt, 
I don't think the other person was trying to hurt my feelings intentionally.
In fact, in many cases, the other person wasn't even aware that
my feelings were hurt
because I didn't tell them.
I can usually mull over something for a while, 
and then I'm okay.
That's just how I roll.

Then

I began to  think about all the times in my life that I have broken the heart of Christ.
He loves me more than anyone ever can. He paid the ultimate price for me
and gave his life so that I can live life more abundantly.
I have accepted Him as my Lord and Savior,
and most of the time I strive to please Him,
but over and over again, I know that I have broken His heart.
Yet he never turns His back on me.  
He's always there.
He doesn't hold a grudge.

I pray that I can be more like that.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love your post! It's funny how sometimes God lays things on your heart and gives you the need to share it. I needed this today. :) I pray that I can let go, forgive, and move on the next time I get held down by hurt feelings.

    ReplyDelete