Monday, April 25, 2011

Manic Monday















3:20 a.m. : Chandler woke up crying, and before I even got out the thermometer, I knew he had a fever. One dose of Motrin, lots of cuddling, and tons of tumbling around soon followed. An hour later he was finally asleep again, but unfortunately I was not. I lay there watching the minutes tick by, and I finally dozed off sometime around 5:15 a.m.

6:00 a.m. : When the alarm came on, I really wanted just to roll over and hide, but I didn't. I got up and trudged on. At least the hot shower helped.

7:45 a.m. : Eighteen little people marched into my classroom, most of them ready to learn, and I went nonstop until I left the school around 3:45 p.m., just in time to head to the pediatrician's office.

4:00 p.m. : Thank goodness Chandler doesn't have an ear infection or strep throat, but perhaps he does have some little "bug". At least the Motrin and Tylenol seem to help, and I am so glad the fever hasn't gone up too high. When he has medicine in him, he actually feels pretty good.

5:15 p.m. : Exhaustion really began to set in since it was the first time I slowed down all day. My poor husband didn't get a cooked meal tonight. I was too tired! Thank goodness he loves me anyway!

8:30 p.m. : I heard the wonderful news that my friend's prayers had been answered...she and her husband are finally adopting a precious baby girl after a long time of waiting! God is still in the business of performing miracles. This just made my day! Congrats Alicia and Ryan. Parenthood is a wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment