Friday, August 5, 2011

Theme

It's that time of year when the wheels in my head are spinning non-stop...Yes, it's almost time for school, which is so hard to believe!

I worked part of two days this week in my classroom and even brought a few things home to work on while Chandler naps (Boy, how this has changed. Before Chandler was born, I used to bring everything home regularly!). I am proud of what I have accomplished, and I am hoping that I am far enough ahead with things that pre-planning won't be a rush and I can actually enjoy it.

As I've been redesigning the setup of my room, I have been perusing the Internet for ideas. There are lots of good ones out there, and as a first grade teacher, I am very tempted to go for one of the cutesy themes (dinosaurs, camping, frogs, solar system, etc...), but the more I think about it, the more I realize that what theme I use (or don't use) is not what matters.

What matters is that I put forth my best efforts EVERY DAY in teaching all my students, no matter how difficult it may be to do that sometimes. That is exactly what God instructs all of us to do. He wants us to always do our best in our own jobs, and in this, someone else just might get a glimpse of HIM that they would never have seen otherwise.

So, what theme did I decide on? I didn't choose one. I've decided instead to make prayer a central part of my classroom in a way that I never have before.

1 comment:

  1. :)

    you have a very important job. your students & their parents are lucky to have a teacher like you

    ReplyDelete