Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Why I Didn't Clean My House Over the Weekend

I've made several posts lately about how I keep my house clean. Please don't misunderstand me- my house is definitely not spotless! There are days (and sometimes several days in a row) when I don't do much cleaning at all around my house. This past weekend is the perfect example. Let me tell you why.

Last Wednesday was Chandler's 4th birthday. His Thomas the Train party was Friday night. I went straight from work to Ingles, to the church to decorate. I wanted to make it magical for my special little guy. We weren't home until after 9:30 p.m., but we had a blast!  I opted for bed rather than cleaning.

Saturday morning, the three of us got up and headed for the circus. We made a day of it by having lunch at Red Lobster, buying Chandler's soccer gear, heading to the Verizon store, and stopping by Race Trac for some yummy yogurt before heading home. It's the first time in a while I've spent the entire day out with my two favorite guys! I didn't do any cleaning that day, either, although I did do a couple of loads of laundry out of necessity.

Just know that it's okay NOT to clean your house every day. It may mean that you have to do a little extra next time, but that's okay. Life happens. Memories are made. Smiles come in abundance.

I have learned that little ones don't stay little long, and it's definitely more important to spend time with the ones I love than to have a magnificently clean house. 




No comments:

Post a Comment