Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Separate Email Accounts Can Help With the Online "Clutter"

I learned several years ago to have different email accounts for different purposes. I have three email accounts right now, and although that may sound like a lot, it has really helped me declutter and keep my life organized. Maybe you can try this, too, if you haven't already!



1. Work Email Account
I check this account multiple times a day and receive a couple of hundred emails a week through this account. Not all of the emails apply directly to me, but many of them do. Thankfully, this email account has tools that allow me to save the emails into different categories, and it is setup by the school system where I am employed, so it is free. If your employer does not provide an email account for you, there are many free ones out there for you to choose from. Just do some exploring and find what best meets your needs!


2. Personal Email
A few years ago, I learned how important it is to separate personal emails from work emails. It was just too much to process having everything come through one account, especially when so many emails already come through my work email account. Also, my work emails are monitored, and there are some pieces of information that I don't care to share with my employers.


3. Temporary Email (Specific for a Cause/Group)
I am on the steering team for the local Evening MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group, and it is my job to update the blog and Facebook page for this group. I had to have an email account in order to do this, and I wanted to create an account that is only related to this topic so that the information doesn't get lost in the shuffle of my "regular" personal email. Also, whenever my time with MOPS is complete, I can delete the email account and not have to worry about it. If you are ever a team leader for a fundraiser or event, this is a great way to go, too.

                  If you have found this post helpful, please share it with others. Thanks so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment