Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Still Small Voice

I usually pray when I first get up and take a shower. 
That's about the only time of the day I am alone and things are quiet. 
My alarm is set on a Christian radio station, 
which helps jump start that prayer time on most mornings.
More times than I can count, 
the very song I need to hear is playing when I get up. 
Coincidence?
 I think not.

This morning when I awoke,
I felt especially moved to pray about 
something specific in my life.
As the water from the shower ran over my body,
tears also fell down my cheeks 
as I poured my heart out to God.

I know He heard my prayer this morning,
and He hears it anytime I call out to Him, 
because He gently reminds me
in that still small voice
that I am His,
and everything is going to be okay. 

I have no way of knowing what 
the future holds,
but I can trust that He will 
lead me where I should go. 
He's always been faithful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment