Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Last Saturday

It's the last Saturday before I officially have to go back to work. The endless days with Chandler will be over. Monday morning is not going to be easy for me. Yes, Chandler will be with my Mama, and I won't have to worry about him for a minute, but I will anyway. I will miss him like crazy. I will probably cry as I drive away. This is the last year he will stay full-time with his Grandmama and Nana during the week. He and I are both a little spoiled to say the least.

Today, Brent and I planned to take him to a really neat (and FREE!) event we heard about in Gainesville called Touch a Truck. Kids can explore and ride in/on all kinds of trucks and tractors. It's the kind of event that has Chandler's name written all over it! We even discussed the possibility of taking him for a boat ride out on the lake since he's been asking to go.

The problem was, those were our plans.

Unfortunately, Chandler woke up at his regular time of 7:10 a.m,  and soon after, the diarrhea came. We were a little disappointed at first that we were staying in, but it ended up being a blessing in disguise. We accomplished more around the house than we ever would have if we had gone out today, and we still got to spend lots of time together.

I even got some extra snuggles since he wasn't feeling so great. He really wanted some spoiling, and I was glad to give it. I think I held him and carried him more today than I have all summer. It was good for my heart.

Now, Chandler is all snuggled in his bed, and he'll soon be asleep. He seems to be feeling better, and we are hoping it was just a 24 hour bug.

I am so thankful for this summer I have had at home with my sweet little man, and I am so thankful for today. God knew exactly what He was doing. Our plans may not always work out, but His are perfect in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment