Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sometimes NO means YES or MAYBE

Being the mother of a two-year-old, I often hear the word "NO" come out of his mouth. Perhaps it's because it's an easy word for him to say, but more accurately, it's because he hears it so often from all the big people in his world. For whatever reason, it's his current most frequently spoken word, and like the title says, sometimes "no" actually means "yes" or "maybe" and I have to decide what each "no" means in context. For example, just this afternoon, I asked him if he wanted any more juice before I put his cup back in the refrigerator after snack time. He quickly replied "no", but then he started saying "I want more juice!" just as soon as the door closed. So, that particular "no" actually meant "yes". Then later, I asked him if he needed to go to the potty. Again, his answer was "no", but with some encouragement from me (and a cute pack of Toy Story stickers), he finally decided to try. This "no" quickly became a "maybe". Perhaps this is how God answers our prayers sometimes. So often, we feel like he is saying no to us, when he actually is saying yes or maybe. We just have to wait for His perfect timing, and not rely on our own selfishness. Everything will work out the was He has it all planned in the end anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment