Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday- My Little Man

In the summer of 2009, it seemed like it was going to take forever for him to get here, but since the day he was born, on Friday, February 5, 2010, it feels like time has been put in fast forward. Each and every day he amazes me with the things he does and says. He's even almost potty-trained now, which is so hard to believe.

The other night, he woke up at 3:00 a.m. This is a rare thing for him. I'm not sure if he had a bad dream or his tummy hurt, but I went in his room, got him out of his crib, and held him. Because we were both sleepy, I laid him on my chest, and for the first time in a long time, he fell asleep like this. However, I laid there taking it all in. His feet go all the way down to my knees when his head is on my shoulder.

My, how this little man has grown, and my what a blessing he is in my life. I am so thankful for him, and I treasure all the moments I have with him because he is so precious! One day he's going to be bigger than me, but while I still can, I am going to hold him every chance I get. He is a special gift straight from heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment