Thursday, November 24, 2011

I Am So Thankful

Unfortunately, for many people, today is the only day they will stop and reflect upon all the blessings in their lives. Many people believe that all the pleasures they enjoy are given to them by pure luck, but this is not so. Every single thing we have is a gift from God. It's so easy to get wrapped up in this busy world of ours and forget it, but we shouldn't.

Jesus loves each and every one of us so much that he still would have died even if there were only one of us to die for. Think about this today as you celebrate Thanksgiving with your family. Here are some things I am thankful for. Does this cover everything? No way, but it is a start...

* My salvation- I don't deserve it, but I'm so grateful I have it
* My wonderful husband and sweet little boy- they both have my heart
* A Mama and Daddy who brought me up in church and love me no matter what
* My in-laws who love me just as much as my parents do
* My family- every last one of them, even if some of them are a little quirky
* My church family
* My students
* My coworkers
* My friends near and far
* My home
* The food on my table and clothes on my back
* Those who serve our country in the military- they sacrifice so much
* Our leaders- we need to pray for them regularly
* Our Nation- God can still turn this place around

No comments:

Post a Comment