Monday, November 21, 2011

A Monday Off Work


Most of my Mondays are not like today. I usually go full-force in the classroom on Mondays introducing new concepts for the week and teaching my little heart out to 23 little blessings, but today was one of those wonderful Mondays that I had the opportunity to go out into the world and do other things. So, what did I do?

First of all, I slept until 7:30 a.m. I know that's not late for a lot people, but it is for me. Then I took a nice leisurely shower since I had no definite schedule to follow. Then I spent some time with my sweet little boy, laughing and playing.

For a big part of the day, Chandler stayed with his Nana while I finished up my Christmas shopping and ran a few other errands, including putting up the Christmas tree in my classroom and buying a few groceries. I even had time to clean out the toy boxes at our house in preparation for the upcoming holidays.

Although I am very thankful for my job because I know it's where God wants me to be right now, I am also thankful for the days off. It makes me a better mother, wife, and teacher, and if you don't believe me, ask my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment