Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thankful Thursday

With almost two weeks of summer vacation already behind me (YIKES!), I feel like I have been on the go, go, go almost constantly. I am certainly having a blast, and I am loving being at home with my sweet little man! Here are some things I have been doing that I am very thankful for.


A Weekend Away
Last Friday around lunch, Brent and I packed up the truck and headed to Pigeon Forge. It was nice to have some time together without Chandler. We love him very dearly, but we have also learned that it's important to have time away together away from him occasionally. It makes us better parents.  We got half price tickets to Dollywood thanks to the Stone Mountain membership passes that were issued to us for FREE from Brent's work this past year, and we took advantage of the "arrive after 3:00 p.m. and get the next day free" offer at the Dollywood park, so we saved tons of money and had a lot of fun at the same time. You just can't beat that!
 Jazzercise 
I tried walking and jogging (too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter, plus the jogging stroller and I didn't always get along), I tried the gym (I didn't like working out with men- no offense!), and I tried DVDs at home (it was hard to get motivated at 5:00 a.m. or 9:00 a.m. - the only times I could complete the routines without interruption), so I went back to Jazzercise about 6 months ago. I got an offer I couldn't refuse, and I am so glad that I went back. I need the accountability, and I love the encouragement and energy that the instructors and customers share with each other. I go 3-5 times per week, and I feel better than I have in a long time. I also appreciate that Chandler can go with me. He loves to stand at the childcare window and watch, and his impressions of my exercises later at home are quite entertaining! 




Swim Camp
My little man may be a dare devil on land, but the pool certainly isn't part of his comfort zone yet. As one of the youngest in his swim camp class this week, I hope he is learning from the other kids that it's okay (and even fun) to play in the water. I love how Coach John pushes him to do more than he thinks he can. I know he'll get it one day, and if he's anything like his Daddy, it will probably be coming very soon and I'll wish these sweet, innocent days were back. 




        

                                                        Linking up this week with...
 

1 comment:

  1. great thankful list... love the swim camp picture:) and glad that you and brent got some time away just the two of you!

    ReplyDelete