Monday, May 20, 2013

Playing With My Son

This afternoon, I put everything down and played with my son. Yes, I had lots of other things that I could have been doing. It is the last week of school and things are very hectic. I had paperwork to do, award certificates to sign, and grades to post, but I decided those things could wait until after his bedtime. My little boy is only little once.

We went to his favorite place...outside. We threw the football, we ran in the grass, and we used our imaginations as we laughed and played together. I loved every minute of it!

I watched him later as he played in the bathtub, and again as we cuddled on the couch, his chin resting on both of his little hands, and I thanked God again for this precious gift that He has given me. I don't ever want to take him for granted, not even when the times are tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment