Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Way Back in College

It's been nine-and-a-half years since I graduated college. Sometimes it's hard to believe. Dahlonega was my stomping grounds for four years, and I loved my time there. It's a beautiful place, and it will always be near and dear to my heart. Every time I go back, my mind is flooded with beautiful memories. I can't wait to share them with Chandler as he gets older.

In many ways, it is the place where I "grew up". I liked the freedom I had to make my own choices, yet I also loved coming home on the weekends to see my family and to see Brent.  I liked most of the classes I attended,  I had a great group of girls in my education cohort group (several whom I still talk to), I loved my job at the campus post office, and I even enjoyed living in dorms (most of the time, anyway). I met two of my dearest friends while I was there, too, and I have been blessed greatly because of their friendships.

It's crazy how I thought my life was so hectic way back then. Looking back on it now, it wasn't all that hectic afterall. I had no full-time job, I had no debt, I had no major bills to pay, no house to clean, very few groceries to buy, no meals to cook, and no one to clean up after except myself. (Thank goodness I always had tidy roommates!) I also had time to exercise regularly, read lots of books, watch pretty much anything I wanted to on tv uninterrupted, and I got plenty of sleep.

My life now is pretty much completely the opposite of that. That' not particularly a bad thing. I really do have an abundance of blessings in my life.  I just wish sometimes I wouldn't have wished those years by so quickly. I wish sometimes I could be that college kid again...just for a moment.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment