Wednesday, October 31, 2012

About Motherhood

Unfortunately, millions of women each year choose to abort their unborn children. Many of these women, in my opinion, are misinformed about the entire process and are made to believe that it's "just tissue". Although I entirely disagree, I do believe that it is important to pray for those who have been down this tough road, and for those who may be facing it in the future. We are to hate the sin...not the sinner.

Then, there are some women who give birth to children and either by circumstance or choice cannot or do not provide the needs of these children. They are hungry, dirty, and lack medicine when they are sick. They often go home from school to empty houses to take care of themselves. We must pray for these families as well and step in and help when we are called to do so.

Lastly, there are women who have children and they have the means to take care of them, but they complain about them ALL.THE.TIME. They never seem to be grateful for the small moments they have with their children. They don't appreciate the sweet noises or the messes they make,  the toys all over the floor and the stained t-shirts and sofas that will never be the same, or the sloppy sticky kisses they receive everyday. They always seem negative every time you see them or talk with them. For these, we must pray, too. Many of them don't see the miracles that walk among them everyday.

I gave my walking miracle an extra kiss tonight before bed and I thanked God for sending him to me. Have you thanked God for your children lately? 

2 comments:

  1. So true, Salena! :) Whenever I start to feel overwhelmed at home, I try to remind myself of these things. Motherhood certainly isn't easy, but it is worth every bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank God for them every single day...even on the inevitable hard days.

    ReplyDelete