Saturday, March 10, 2012

Taking Advantage of a Beautiful Saturday

For the first time in several months, Brent was put on the schedule to work this weekend. Although this definitely changed what we were hoping to do today, I didn't feel like I could rightly complain because it has been so long since he has had to work on the weekend. It's a sacrifice that had to be made.

So, Chandler and I made the best of it. We went and had the oil changed in the car since it was time for it anyway, and he loved that they had bananas and a table with books and crayons in the waiting area. He enjoyed looking at the cars in the showroom as well. He loved climbing in and pretending to drive, and he was a hit with the salespeople. He really was super good while we were there, which made things so much easier for me.

We moved on to the mall, where we enjoyed some cheese pizza together, and I found a couple of cute dresses that were on sale. His favorite thing about this part of the trip was that he could do some people watching. It's one of his favorite pastimes for sure. I think he's related to my Granny!

After the mall, we headed to one of my favorite places- Target, to pick up a few necessities and then we headed home. Chandler was asleep in less than five minutes, and I was able to put him in his crib when we got home around 2:00 p.m. This allowed me some time to get a few things done around the house before I, too, settled in for a short nap.

After our naps, we again took advantage of the beautiful weather and went on a walk in the neighborhood. Chandler even got on his tricycle a little bit, but since he can't pedal yet, he soon lost interest and started playing with the rocks instead. When Daddy came outside, the boys hit some golf balls together. It looks like Daddy might have a golfing buddy soon!

Supper was one of my freezer meals from last weekend, and after some more playing, Chandler had his bath, and it was time for our nightly ritual of watching Curious George together. Overall, today was a great day, and I am thankful for the time I got to spend with my sweet little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment