Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Two

No one ever told me how quickly the time would pass. It seems like we waited forever for him to arrive, but once he got here, I'm convinced someone pressed the fast forward button.

My life changed forever on Friday, February 5, 2010 at 7:21 a.m. when they handed me that 7 lb., 11 oz, 20 inch long bundle of joy. I didn't realize how much my life changed in that instant, but it didn't take long. I remember holding him that same night as he slept, just staring at him with wonder and amazement. I still do that from time to time. Holding him while he sleeps is still one of my favorite things. It's something his Daddy doesn't quite understand, and he probably never will.

I love to sneak into his room late at night from time to time and gently lift him from his crib, holding him against me as he snores softly. I love how he feels, how he smells, and the sucking noises he still makes in his sleep. I don't want to forget these things because one day I know he'll be too big for me to hold him like this, and I want to hold him all I can now so there are no regrets tomorrow.

When God sent Chandler Jarrett McKay into my life, I have no doubt that he sent me a miracle, and that miracle has changed my entire perspective on life. That miracle made me a mother, and I am forever thankful to have the privilege of holding this title.

1 comment:

  1. Precious post. Certainly seems like you are thriving in your role as mom even with heartbreaking situations. May God continue to bless your family.

    ReplyDelete