Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Even in light of recent events in our family, there are so many things to be thankful for. God never gives us more than we can handle.


1) My Wonderful Husband and Adorable Son-
Actually, I could put them at the top of my list every time, but these two boys are especially important to me right now. God gave them to me for a reason, and I am forever thankful. It's nice to be absolutely adored by two guys!

2) My Parents and In Laws-
Both sets of parents live within 15 minutes of us, and they are always there when we need them, even if it means their plans sometimes have to change at the last minute. They love all of us unconditionally, and I am forever grateful for the love and support they have shown us, not just in the last few days, but always. Chandler is very blessed to have four wonderful grandparents.

3) My Doctor-
Just when I needed him most, he took time out of his busy schedule to speak to me directly on the phone Tuesday afternoon. Not all doctors will do that. Although there was nothing he could do to change the circumstance I was facing, I could hear the sorrow in his voice as I told him what was happening. Then, on Wednesday, he spent the biggest part of an hour just talking with me and then with both Brent and me about our options for next steps. He's been there with us every time we've been in this situation, and it makes a difference to have a doctor who not only cares, but who prays for us when we are going through a difficult time. We were also blessed that this same doctor was on call the weekend that Chandler was born, which just happens to be two years ago this weekend. Although he wasn't the one to deliver, we got to see him much of the weekend, and he rejoiced with us over the birth of our son.

4) Sweet Friends and Family-
So many of them have sent some wonderful words of encouragement my way in the last few days, and even some who haven't said a word to me are praying fervently because they don't know what to say. Those prayers are being heard and felt, and they are very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment