Monday, July 18, 2011

Why Does It Make Me Cry?

Children are a gift from the LORD... Psalm 127:3
________________________________________


Chandler is with his Nana for the day, so after my tutoring session with a sweet little boy this morning, I decided to take advantage of the time and do some cleaning out. I started with Chandler's closet. That didn't seem to bother me all that much because I was basically just straightening things up a bit.

The hard part? Going through his socks, hats, and pjs and sorting out the ones that he can no longer wear. I found myself tearing up as I went through them, and even now as I type this.

So, why does it make me cry? My little man is growing up way too fast for this mama's liking, but I am so blessed to have him in my life. He is a precious gift from God.

1 comment:

  1. It's been much harder for me to put the things away this time. It wasn't so bad last summer, but now the clothes are getting a lot more "big boy-ish." Don't you agree, jon jons & sweet one-pieces make way for pants with belts and 3-button collared shirts!

    wish i had something to make it easier, but maybe knowing you aren't the only one helps some? i think the crying is therapeutic?!

    ReplyDelete