Monday, January 16, 2012

Miscellany Monday


Since today was a school holiday, I got to spend the day with my sweet little baby boy, or should I say my sweet little toddler boy. I have to remind myself that he's not a baby anymore. It's hard to believe that almost two years have passed since we first welcomed him into our family!

The first thing we both enjoyed was sleeping late. 8:20 a.m. may not sound all that late, but that's a full three hours later than I usually get to sleep and about an hour and a half later than Chandler usually gets to sleep, so it was nice to say the least. Then we had oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast, and we even shared our favorite fruit- a clementine orange!

We made a brief stop at Granny and Papa's house, where Chandler enjoyed "cleaning" their furniture with an empty spray bottle he found, and then we headed to Target. We even had our lunch there, and for dessert we shared a yogurt parfait. (Chandler loved the strawberries, but decided that the blueberries and raspberries were too tart for him!) The gift cards I got for Christmas really came in handy, and we bought several cute things as well as some necessities.

On the way home, little man had all he could take, and with every mile, his eyelids became heavier. By the time we reached home, he was fast asleep, so I took advantage of the time and decided to take a nap myself. I mean, this is a rarity for me, especially during the week!

The nap was just what I needed to get re-energized to play some more with my sweet little man, prepare supper for both of my boys, and get ready for Monday night Bible study. I am thankful for this day off, and I am ready to head back into the game tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment