Tuesday, January 28, 2014

How I Keep My House Clean: Part 2

A couple of days ago I posted my daily cleaning tasks. Here, I would like to elaborate on the weekly tasks I do in addition to the daily tasks. Some weeks, I do all of these things in one day over about a three-hour span. Sometimes I do one big chore a day throughout the week. It really just depends on how busy things are in my life. (Some weeks I am mostly on my own because of Brent's work schedule, but when he can, he helps, too.)


WEEKLY TASKS: dust and wipe down all furniture, vacuum entire house, vacuum under sofa cushions, sweep and clean all floors, wash bed sheets, deep clean kitchen and bathrooms, wipe down and clean out refrigerator, shred junk mail, clean all glass and the microwave

MY NOTES ABOUT DAILY TASKS:
* I must admit that dusting is one of my least favorite tasks around the house. Thankfully, I do have two helpers most weeks with this task. Chandler loves having his own duster! I also wipe down all the kitchen chairs and use a lint brush as needed on our sofa. (For some reason, dust likes to settle there.)

* We have mostly hardwood floors, so vacuuming my entire house doesn't take very long. If you have mostly carpet, it may take a little longer, but it is necessary to vacuum regularly no matter what size your house is to cut down on allergens in your home.

* While I have out the vacuum, I usually go ahead and vacuum under the sofa cushions. I have a preschooler, so I always find all kinds of "treasures" here. If you don't have small children, you can probably get by with doing this task monthly.

* Since I sweep the main part of the house daily, sweeping the entire house really isn't all that bad. After sweeping, I like to use my Swiffer Wet Jet.

* Bed sheets can honestly be one of the dirtiest items in a house. I like to wash ours once a week. Thankfully, Chandler's is the same color as ours, so I can do one large load and save some time and money.

* Because I am in the habit of wiping down kitchen and bathroom counters daily, it doesn't take long to deep clean these rooms. I do spend extra time in these rooms on which ever day I decide to deep clean them. I found an amazing way to clean my shower and tub recently, and it saves me so much time!

* While I am deep cleaning the kitchen, I wipe down all the shelves and drawers and throw out any old food. (We don't throw away much around here, so don't worry!)

* Since we sort mail most days, we like to save up a week's worth of junk mail and shred it at one time. If you don't have a shredder, make sure you blot out personal information, and then you can recycle it if you wish.

* I've tried other brands, but Windex is by far my favorite for cleaning all the mirrors, glass, and the microwave at our house. This is a task that Brent usually does while I am working on something else.


Do you have some weekly that you would add to this list? I would love to hear all about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment